Friday, June 1, 2012

Dining Out...

Dining out with a toddler is challenging, let me tell ya. You not only have to find something they like to eat (or bring food with you -- which is a pain) AND you have to keep them occupied so they don't scream and shriek at the top of their lungs because they're bored lol!  Evelyn never gets sad/mad/upset. She is just either excited or bored... I usually try to bring some books/toys with me whenever we go out and some finger snacks while we wait for our food. Sometimes, however I forget to bring the snacks and she gets annoyed if she's hungry! We went out to lunch with a friend today and Evelyn was just a ball of energy! On top of that, all she wanted to eat was pickles and potato chips... This is the only thing that kept her quiet, so I obliged. I tried to slide in the occasional piece of bread or mac 'n cheese, which is what we got her for lunch, but she wanted nothing to do with it! I surrendered... lol

Jody and I eat out a fair amount... I'd say at least once a week. Usually Evelyn is okay when we take her places, but sometimes she just won't quit! Thus, we usually just bring home take out and I make something for her at home when we do decide to do that. Otherwise, she eats whatever I make for us!

I think she's just curious and excited to be out and see new things and new people. I just feel so self conscious that people are staring or whispering when she acts up... I guess I have to just bear with it for now. Hopefully she grows out of her screaming and shrieking stage soon! lol!

Jody and I are hoping we can go out for our 6 year wedding anniversary next weekend... Our anniversary is actually this Sunday BUT my parents are out of town and my sister has a wedding to go to, so we have no one to watch Evie! I am looking forward to a meal I can actually eat and taste and enjoy rather than shoving food down my throat so I can entertain a 1 year old haha! Hopefully my parents or sister can watch her next weekend....

No comments:

Post a Comment