Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekends

Weekends are my favorite time because I get to spend it with Evelyn AND my husband.  I love having him at home because it gives me someone to talk to and someone to help me with Evelyn, since it's just me and her Monday - Friday for the most part.

Evelyn is awesome because she lets us sleep in a little on weekends :) I think she somehow knows that we are both home and want a little extra sleep! I can't complain though because she usually wakes up around 8 - 8:30 anyway! Benefits of working from home.  My first meeting isn't usually until 9 a.m., so she wakes up and I get her fed and then join my meeting.

On Saturdays we usually get up and make some food for us and Evie and then we run whatever errands we need to and sometimes we just hang out around the house. Now that it's warm outside, I want to spend more time outside with Evelyn. I just need to find some fun things for her to do and not get bored of being outside.  This Saturday we took a very long walk around the neighborhood.  Evelyn seemed to rather enjoy it. She likes to watch the birds and squirrels running around. It was fun! 

Saturday evenings, we usually go out to dinner and then stop by my parents' house or have dinner with them.  Once Evie goes to bed, the hubby and I usually catch up on our DVRed shows or rent a movie from on-demand.

Sunday mornings we go to church at 9:00 a.m., so it's always a task getting everyone ready on time. Good thing the church is only 3 blocks away! :)  After mass, we either go out for breakfast or go to my parents' house for breakfast if my mom offers to make something.  We then bring Evelyn home for her nap around 11-11:30 and then spend most of the rest of the day running errands, going to the mall or just hanging out.  We go visit my parents sometimes or just hang out by our house and let Evelyn run around before bed...

My weekends have definitely changed since I had Evelyn, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment