Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Mornings at my house...

Mornings at my house are very relaxed. Evelyn never cries or whines for us to come get her. However, we do know when she's up because she starts calling our dog, Molly! It's the cutest thing ever.  She will wake up, stretch and start yelling "Mo-yee" for the dog to come to her (which the dog does not do might I add -- lazy dog!)

I can count on one hand the number of times Evelyn has woken up unhappy... She is always happy in the morning, even if she's hungry.

Once I get myself out of bed and dressed, I go in to her room, pick out an outfit for her and try to get her out of bed. She's a little lazy one (like her mama!) She will lay or sit there and play with her favorite toy (My Pal Violet by LeapFrog) and just smile at me and be silly! She's so hilarious... When she finally stands up or gets closer to the edge of the crib (since I am too short to reach her when she's laying down), I pick her up, change her and bring her down for breakfast.  Evie is on a rotation of yogurt, waffles/pancakes and cereal for the most part. I also throw in some fruit depending on the meal. I really need to try to get her to eat toast or eggs more often... she's not very adventurous when it comes to foods!

After Evelyn eats breakfast, she usually plays around in the living/dining rooms while I work. I am very fortunate to work from home 4 days a week, so I have her playing here while I do that, so I can keep an eye on her!  The mornings usually go by pretty quick... she goes down for a nap at about 11 and during that time I work or get other things done around the house. We've got our routine down and we stick to it pretty well. Sometimes on the weekends we stray from the routine, but she's really good about adjusting! Thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment